Saturday, July 29, 2006

Dear Vi,

Don't you just love the title of this blog in which you will receive get well messages? I especially like the words "Bright White Light."

I just want to say "Bright White Light" over and over because it has such a poetic, healing ring to it, like new bells ringing in a tower.

I also wanted to tell you that last August my husband had a stent put in his artery. He was not even put to sleep for this procedure. The procedure was to take place at something like 8:00 am in the morning so my daughter and I left Peterborough in plenty of time to make it to the hospital in Toronto. However, a big hospital we got lost inside and were about a half an hour late, and there he was in his bed eating an apple and we said, "You've had your operation." "Yep," he said grinning.

So, Vi, if you must have some kind of operation, I'm hoping yours will be like Jack's. I was always so afraid of heart surgery until I saw this and the advancements they have made today and my fear just dwindled out of me and I thought how wonderful it is that one can grin and eat an apple after this type of surgery.

Chris xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Wonderfully encouraging words for everyone facing this type of surgery, Winnie. Thank you so much for starting this blog where we can gather to support Vi.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home